Cantilever rack is a rack system utilizing columns (uprights) with arms cantilevered off of them. Systems can be either single-sided or double-sided. Double-sided also utilizes only one column but arms are attached to each side.
- Good where long, clear openings for product is required
- System can allow for different length product to be stored on each level
- Very popular in building material/plumbing/furniture industries where product is not stored on traditional pallet and can be very long
- Generally requires very large aisles to accommodate picking and put away
- Although double-sided can utilize same number of columns as single-sided, it requires multiple wide aisles to access.