Selective Pallet Rack
Selective (standard) pallet rack is primarily made up of rack upright frames and rack beams configured in single or double (back-to-back) rows. Aisle widths are determined by the mobile equipment being used. It is the most common type of rack and is the type of racking seen in a Home Depot or Costco store.
- Every pallet position is accessible from an aisle.
- Most of the time, the first pallet position can be stored directly on warehouse floor and does not require the purchase of any rack material for those pallets
- Can use wire decks to create shelf levels to pick less than pallet quantities
- Least expensive type of rack system
- After each single or double row, another aisle is required, increasing the amount of real estate needed for forklifts and minimizing the amount of space for storage.
Accessories to selective pallet racking include wire deck, pallet supports or crossbars, end of aisle rack upright protectors or front rack column protectors.